In the autumn of 2017 the Isle of Man government consulted on major changes to EHE as part of a proposed new Education Bill. At the end of January (2019) a draft Bill was published with significant changes proposed in many areas including EHE. At the same time they launched a further public consultation focussed “on those aspects which have changed significantly” since the 2017 consultation.
This second consultation closes on 20 March 2019 and is open to everyone, not just Isle of Man residents.
Below are links to the relevant documents along with additional information and resources.
- Consultation main web page with links to the following:
- Full draft IoM Education Bill 2019 [PDF]
- On-line IoM Consultation Response Form
- Major changes in the new IoM Education Bill – Feedback provided in January 2019
- One document containing all the questions in the IoM on-line consultation [PDF]
- The two HE specific questions in the IoM on-line consultation [PDF]
Press Reports: not available as web pages
- Isle of Man Examiner 5 February 2019 [PDF] – three reports, see images below